Mental Health Services for Children and Adults
M&Y Mental Health Care provides Community Living Support (CLS) services and/or Respite Care services to individuals living with developmental disabilities, adults with mental illness and/or children with serious emotional disturbance.
Our services are provided either in the home or in the community when community integration is an identified goal. CLS facilitates an individual’s independence, productivity, and promotes inclusion and participation in the community. M&Y Mental Health and CLS services focus on helping your loved one to:
- Gain independence and skill development related to activities of daily living (ADL’s) such as bathing, eating, dressing, personal hygiene, household chores, shopping for food, money management, transportation to and from community activities and safety skills
- Improve sensory motor, communication, socialization, and relationship building skills
- Participate in leisure and community activities such as swimming, movies, shopping, parks, outside play, and restaurants
- Benefit from in-home activities such as music, television, games and toys assistance, and restroom guidance and observation
- Learn techniques to improve the quality of life such as education, personal hygiene, feeding and behavior around the kitchen
M&Y understands the challenges of the mental health community. That’s why we utilize a creative and innovative approach to meet the needs of each individual. We work closely with the family to achieve defined goals for their loved one. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff are experts in behavioral plans and are adept at managing various performance problems with challenging individuals.
Respite Care Services
Being a family caregiver can be a rewarding, yet demanding role. As a family caregiver, it’s important to continue to be able to provide the best possible care to your family member by also taking good care of yourself. Setting aside time for your own diet, incorporating exercise, taking breaks, and looking after your emotional well-being is important. Many family caregivers find it difficult to spend time focusing on their own needs when their loved one requires 100 percent of their attention.
Our M&Y Respite Care program can offer you an opportunity to disengage from your family member caregiving activities for a few hours or even a few days allowing you to rest and recharge. Our Respite Care program matches your loved one with one of our kind and compassionate caregivers. Our caregivers can visit for a few hours a day or several times a week to provide family caregivers with the opportunity to run errands, go to work, take a vacation, or simply take a time out. Our caregivers can also aid with a wide variety of home care needs such as helping your loved one with dressing, bathing, and other personal care needs. They can also help around the house performing simple chores and preparing healthy meals.
The Respite Care service that M&Y can provide will deliver the break you so greatly need while placing your loved one in the hands of one of our experienced and loving caregivers. Contact M&Y Care today to learn more!
M&Y Care accepts Medicare, Medicaid, Auto Insurance, Workers Compensation, and more than forty other health insurance providers.